The Danish Stem Cell Center (DanStem) at Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences at the University of Copenhagen is looking for a (AC-TAP) candidate to join the Aragona group starting November 2020 or upon agreement with the chosen candidate.
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Stem Cell Biology – DanStem has been established as a result of a series of international recruitments coupled with internationally recognized research groups focused on insulin producing beta cells and cancer research already located at the University of Copenhagen. DanStem addresses basic research questions in stem cell and developmental biology and has activities focused on the translation of promising basic research results into new strategies and targets for the development of new therapies for cancer and chronic diseases such as diabetes and liver failure. Find more information about the Center at http://danstem.ku.dk/.
The candidate will be responsible for purchasing and general stock maintenance for the whole group, which includes keeping track of orders, receiving, unpacking deliveries and approving invoices. He/she will maintain the laboratories protocols and stock database and will play a key role in tasks ensuring a good working order of the laboratory in collaboration with the other group members. He/she will also be assist in preparation of in-house reagents used by the laboratory and managing the team’s mouse colony.
In addition to these tasks, the candidate will assist in a research project in collaboration with post-doctoral fellows and/or PhD students. Such a project will be related to the study of stem cells dynamics and tissue architecture maintenance upon mechanical perturbation, and will involve the preparation of whole mounts for confocal imaging, sectioning and immunostaining of tissues, preparation of cell suspensions for FACS analysis and molecular biology, among others. The successful applicant is expected to learn new laboratory techniques and become able to use them autonomously. Furthermore, he/she will attend weekly seminars and laboratory meetings. The working hours are 37 hours per week.
For additional information about the position above, please contact Associate Professor Mariaceleste Aragona email@example.com
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in a biological sciences-related discipline.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic candidates are encouraged to apply. The position requires solid previous work experience from an established research laboratory. Skills in several of the following techniques are required: mouse handling and genotyping, molecular biology (PCR, cloning), cryosectioning and immunocytochemistry. Experience in working with mouse models is a prerequisite for the successful candidate.
- Knowledge of cell and tissue biology, stem cell biology or mechanobiology is an advantage.
- The position requires good computer literacy and previous experience in a similar position will be a strong advantage.
- The applicant should be reliable and well organized. A solution-oriented, organizational and positive mindset is required. The work requires independence and demands flexibility and accuracy. Further, you must have good interpersonal skills and interest in working in an international team.
- Good English communication skills, both oral and written, are prerequisite for the successful candidate and Danish is desirable.
Terms of salary, work, and employment
The employment is scheduled to start November 1, 2020 or upon agreement. Contract is for 2 years.
The place of work is at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Stem Cell Biology (Danstem), University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3B, Copenhagen.
Salary, pension and terms of employment are as Academic Research Staff (Akademisk medarbejder) in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement between the Danish Government and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). In addition to the basic salary, a monthly contribution to a pension fund is added (17.1% of the salary).
The application must include
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae incl. education, experience, previous employments, language skills and other relevant skills
- List of three references (full address, incl. email and phone number)
- Copy of diplomas/degree certificate(s)
For further information, contact Associate Professor Mariaceleste Aragona, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking on APPLY.
The University of Copenhagen wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Only applications received in time and consisting of the above listed documents will be considered.
Applications and/or any material received after deadline will not be taken into consideration.
Application deadline: August 24, 2020
You can read more about University of Copenhagen at https://www.ku.dk/english/.
See more information about the Aragona group
The post Academic research staff position at DanStem UCPH – The Aragona Group appeared first on the Node.