Delayed removal of gastric button batteries may result in more damage to the stomach

Children who swallow button batteries are more likely to experience gastric damage if the object is removed 12 or more hours after ingestion, according to research published in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
Racha T. Khalaf, MD, of the digestive health institute at Children’s Hospital Colorado, and colleagues wrote that while button battery ingestions are generally thought to be more threatening when they are located in the esophagus, there is no universal recommendation for batteries that are retained in the stomach.
“Gastric button batteries are generally thought to be less damaging

Source link

Related posts

CME Exam 1: Use of Artificial Intelligence-Based Analytics From Live Colonoscopies to Optimize the Quality of the Colonoscopy Examination in Real Time: Proof of Concept


Tablet-based support tool helps standardize ulcerative colitis care


Information on Genetic Variants Does Not Increase Identification of Individuals at Risk of Esophageal Adenocarcinoma Compared to Clinical Risk Factors


This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy


COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is a new illness that is having a major effect on all businesses globally LIVE COVID-19 STATISTICS FOR World