15th April 2020
I have known Steve Bennett for a few years now. He became a convert to the high fat low carb world (primal living and eating) and has set up Primal Living to promote this dietary message to the world, using his considerable financial muscle to do so.
In the midst of lockdown, he is running a series of youTUBE programmes, and interviews, discussing a number of topics, and from the resultant publicity he is hoping to gain donations to food banks – which are really struggling at the moment. He will match donations up to £100,000 to do this.
I hope you can watch some of the programmes. I hope you can donate, if you feel able. I am appearing on a couple of the shows. I think this is a very good cause. I support Steve Bennett and his team in the endeavour. Below is a slightly amended press release…
THE FOOD BANK SHOW – YouTube channel: The Primal Living.
Guests on the shows include politician Tom Waston and Dr Aseem Malhotra and Dr Malcolm Kendrick – amongst others (we are also waiting for conformation of singer Liam Payne – Liam is a huge supporter of food banks). The show will also be connecting live to the Trussell Trust, who with their army of amazing volunteers keep many of our food banks operational.
Every morning thereafter, we will be broadcasting live on youTUBE providing food and health advice. Steve Bennett The Food Bank Show host will be joined by doctors, medical experts and chefs, many of whom contributed to his latest health book FAT and Furious. Together – they will be taking your questions from around the country and additionally during the shows we will video link to food banks across the UK and discover new ways we can all help offer support.
With fast food chains closed, we want to seize this opportunity to reshape the eating habits of our nation and improve everyone’s health and whilst we are doing this together – help feed those most in need during this crisis. Join Steve and his family, as they put on a truly interactive show and please encourage everyone you care and love to join them too.
- We aim to generate as many donations to the Food Banks as possible. Steve Bennett is going to match donations up to the first £100,000.
- People can donate via a text or a justgiving page.
- The show has 3 aims; 1) help viewers learn about how to eat healthily 2)Raise money for foodbanks, with our partnership with the Trussell Trust 3) keep people entertained
- 2% of UK families currently rely on food banks, but the virus has resulted in less donations and less volunteers being able to help.
- After keeping social distance and washing hands, the next best thing we can do to help our immune and defences is to be metabolically healthy, this will be discussed at detail in the shows.
- Most venerable are those with metabolic syndrome. In Italy while the average age of death was 81, the average person who died suffered from 2.7 underlying chronic medical conditions. Including High blood pressure, cancer, diabetes. Lowering blood pressure, reversing diabetes, high sugar levels, can happen quickly with the right advice and that is the message the doctors will be promoting.
- In Wuhan, more than 60% of people who died, or had serious complications had high blood pressure or type 2 diabetes.
- UK over 60% adults are overweight or obese. Only 17.4% of American adults are metabolically healthy.
For more information contact:
Jack Bennett Show Producer JB3015@bath.ac.uk
The Show Host Steve Bennett Steve@tggc.com