Are you interested in understanding how cooperative behaviour develops a cellular society?
Are you interested in live imaging at single-cell resolution?
Then, we have a fully funded PhD position for you!
Zebrafish Thyroid Gland
The group of Dr. Sumeet Pal Singh at the Institut de Recherche Interdisciplinaire en Biologie Humaine et moléculaire (IRIBHM), an Institute of the Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB), is offering a PhD position starting 01 November, 2019.
The major aim of the group’s research is to understand the development of cellular communities using endocrine organs, specifically thyroid gland and pancreatic beta-cells, as a model system. The research is focussed on using zebrafish as a model system. The junior group uses a broad range of molecular, genetic, next-generation transcriptomic and imaging techniques to investigate developmental processes (https://sumeetpalsingh.github.io/).
The PhD student will be involved in live-imaging intercellular signalling pathways in the thyroid gland (https://sumeetpalsingh.github.io/project/live-imaging), and for developing tools modulating cAMP signalling in thyroid follicular cells. The tool development would additional lead to new models of hypo- and hyperthyroid disease models.
The PhD student is expected to:
- Read literature and keep up-to-date with the current knowledge in the field.
- Gain independence in planning, conduction and analysis of experiments.
- Generate publication quality figures for presentations, manuscripts and grant applications.
- Draft manuscripts for publication.
- She/he will be required to attend institute seminars, encouraged to participate in after-hours social events and take part in retreats.
- She/he will be encouraged to undertake skill-development courses (particularly bioinformatics skills) in the university or online (such as Coursera)
- Diplomas and degrees equivalent to a European Union Master’s degree, which includes project work summarized in a written “small thesis”
- Three referees willing to provide letter of recommendations
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
Kindly submit your CV with the contact information for three referees and a letter of motivation by email to email@example.com.
The post Fully funded PhD position in Brussels on imaging intercellular signaling appeared first on the Node.