Are you a Doctor, Nurse, Dermal Therapist/Dermal Clinician, Clinic Owner, Beauty Therapist, Dermatologist or just someone interested in holistic health and skin health? AACDS are currently taking expressions of interest for their Professional Certificate in Integrated Health and Dermatology course that starts in January 2019.
A little about the course…
Diverse bacterial ecosystems are present in the oral cavity, upper and lower gastrointestinal tract, skin surface and lungs. Collectively, our human microbiome represents a major contributor to skin health and appearance. The Professional Certificate in Integrated Health and Dermatology will enable aesthetic and health professionals to learn about the gut microbiome and how it influences a multitude of skin conditions such as acne, rosacea, accelerated ageing as well as mood, weight gain, weight loss and overall health.
Some of the topics covered within this course include:
· Skin analysis and selection of dermal procedures within a cosmetic medical context
· Skin physiology and pathophysiology of dermatological conditions
· Systemic manifestation of dermatological conditions
· Understanding the microbiome and dysbiosis
· Functional gut health and brain connection
· Functional gut health and skin connection
· Nutritional, lifestyle and environmental factors that influence the gut microbiome
· Integration of nutritional strategies with dermal procedures to improve patient outcomes
· “Gut friendly” foods cooking demonstration.
By understanding the relationship between the microbiome and dermatology, clinicians can successfully use these principles to improve patient outcomes.
The Professional Certificate in Integrative Health and Dermatology will be available to study online from January 2019.
Duration: 15 weeks (requiring approximately 5 hours of study per week)
Delivery Mode: Online via lectures with imbedded audio and interactive activities